Using a navigation app like Google Maps is a must when you’re traveling anywhere — especially during a snowy holiday season when road closures can add hours onto your trip. Google Maps may help you avoid long commute times, traffic hazards, wrecks, tolls and other potential obstacles preventing you from getting home for the holidays on time. If you’re looking for extra tricks and tips to make Google Maps even more useful, we’ve compiled a list.
Check out all the ways you can use Google Maps to help you get to your destination, explore new areas and more. Also, check out these other CNET cheat sheets: Your complete guide to the Apple iOS update and your complete guide to the newest iPhone.
Google Maps tricks you’ll want to use ASAP
Google Maps has tons of not-so-easy-to-find features, but CNET has dug them up for you. Here are some favorites that you won’t want to forget.
- Protect Your Privacy: Blur Your Home on Google Maps Right Now
- 3 Google Maps Features You’ll Want to Try Out
- 6 Useful Google Maps Tricks You Didn’t Know Until Today
- Google Maps Is More Than Just Driving Directions. 5 Clever Tricks to Start Using Today
- Google Maps Lets You Draw in Missing Roads. Here’s How
Google Maps tips for the foodie
If you dine out frequently, you may have used some of these Google Maps tips in the past when planning a dinner night out. See what else you’ve been missing out on.
- Hungry? 7 Ways Google Can Help You Figure Out Dinner
- This Google Maps Feature Lets You Visit Restaurants From Home
Google Maps tips for the frequent traveler
If you’re always on the road, learning a few Google Maps tricks can help you along the way. Here are several to use while traveling.
- Traveling Soon? Use These 8 Google Travel Tips
- Google Maps: 15 Fascinating Places to Explore From Home
- This Google Maps Tool Alerts Friends When You Make It to Your Destination
- Avoid Crowded Public Transportation With These Google Maps’ Features
We’ll continue to add new Google Maps features here.
Source from www.cnet.com